Host Jobs in San Francisco
Having a Host job in San Francisco gives you an opportunity to enjoy the city, meet interesting people and indulge in all the cultural events in the colorful local neighborhoods. Guests come to enjoy the variety of food, the nightlife, the famous sights and soak up the ambiance of the City by the Bay. Take a look at job openings for all types of host/hostess jobs listed on Hcareers and find your next position in San Francisco.
Hosts and Hostesses for restaurants, breakfast service, gallery and lead can expect to make between $10.72 and $12.38/hour depending on the venue and your experience. California leads the nation with the highest employment for host and hostess positions in the country and San Francisco is second only to major resort cities in Hawaii for top paying metro areas.
Typical employers include restaurants at all levels, diners, hotels, resorts and local neighborhood treasures, all looking to serve the millions of visitors that come to the Bay Area each year. There are so many options to experience the variety of food and cultures that exists in the city.
Hiring managers are looking for the Host or Hostess that can represent the vision of the venue and provide superior customer service by:
- Providing a warm and welcoming presence to customers
- Doing a great job of monitoring the wait list and managing patrons
- Handling reservations efficiently
- Projecting a confident manner when seating guests
- Making sure the staff is aware of available seating
- Catering to guests with special needs (elderly, children, mobility impaired)
- Capably answering questions in-person and over the phone
- Showing flexibility for working the shifts needed on weekends and holidays
Once you have some time on the job, you may move up to the “Lead Host” or “Lead Hostess” that will manage schedules and train staff. You might want to learn more about the food and beverage manager job, event planning or banquet manager position as you continue your career.
Be sure to search the listing for Host and Hostess openings in the San Francisco area to see what opportunities are available to you.