Driver Jobs in San Francisco
San Francisco is a busy tourist center with millions of visitors a year. Guests from all over the world visit the Bay Area to enjoy all the city has to offer… and many of them don’t want to drive the steep hills or navigate in heavy traffic. Drivers, part-time and full time, can find plenty of driver jobs in San Francisco on the Hcareers website.
Van, shuttle and delivery drivers, part-time and full time, can expect to make between $11.96 and $13.68/hour depending on what type of driving service or transportation you provide. You may make as much as $17.75/hour (tips included) when shuttling guests or making special deliveries. California leads the nation for drivers due to the high concentration of tourist traffic.
Transportation drivers are in high demand for concert venues, sporting events, amusement parks and hotel shuttles. Not having to park or fight the traffic is a benefit for everyone. Large hotel chains and upscale boutique properties offer rides to and from the airport and local attractions.
Typical skills that employers value in employees are:
- Able to effectively deliver people or packages to addresses all over the city
- Punctual on routes and time schedules
- Can capably operate the vehicle with care
- Able to politely resolve any guest complaints
- Accurate with collecting payments, if required
- Diligent with completing logs and reports
- Follow all DOT regulations and safety standards
- Have a good driving record with no violations
- Flexible schedule to work nights, weekends and holidays
As a driver, your career path may lead you to pursue a career in logistics, as a receiving clerk, shipping manager or transportation manager. You’ll need strong communication skills along with accurate record-keeping abilities and a customer-friendly approach to succeed in a management position.
There are plenty of job openings in the San Francisco area for van drivers, delivery drivers and transportation drivers on the Hcareers job board. Take a look and get started today.