Dishwasher Jobs in San Francisco
San Francisco is such a fun city with so much to do and see that it draws visitors by the millions every year. They all have to eat and that means lots of job opportunities for dishwashers (Lavavajillas/Limpieza de Cocina) and stewards in the Bay Area. Take a look at current dishwasher jobs in San Francisco and find just the right fit for you.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, dishwashers and stewards can expect to start at an average rate of $10.93/hour with some special traveler accommodations (resorts and high-end properties) paying as much as $13.27/hour. California ranks number one in the nation for employment of dishwashers and stewards with San Francisco following LA, New York and Chicago for metropolitan areas offering top pay.
The venues hiring dishwashers include large hotel chains, smaller boutique properties, restaurants of all sizes, retirement and assisted living facilities, hospitals, resorts, sports venues and amusement parks. There is always a need for dishwashers (Lavavajillas/Limpieza de Cocina) in any location where food is prepared and consumed on-site.
Hiring managers are seeking reliable individuals to join their staff who demonstrate they can perform the typical tasks needed, such as:
- Gather used kitchenware from kitchen and dining areas
- Load and unload dishwashing machines
- Wash certain items by hand as directed (wooden cutting boards, large pots and delicate china)
- Store all clean equipment, dishes and glassware
- Order and maintain cleaning supplies
- Ensure there is always sufficient clean dishware, utensils and glasses
- Understand the operation of washing machines and report any problems
- Remove garbage from the kitchen
- Sanitize the kitchen floor and area around your station
- Be flexible with shifts over weekends and holidays
Being in the kitchen as a dishwasher allows you to witness the ins and outs of the kitchen and observe other roles. You’ll learn what the standard practices are and pick up additional tricks from seasoned employees. As food prep jobs are always in demand, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, opportunities to move up and learn new skills are available.
Check out the current listings on Hcareers for dishwasher, steward and (Lavavajillas y Limpieza de Cocina) jobs in the San Francisco, Oakland and surrounding areas.