Chef Jobs in Dallas
Dallas is experiencing a growing foodie scene where the pace of new fine dining and specialty ethnic offerings is electric. Being a chef in Dallas can mean exploring global cuisines, creating new fusions and serving customers from all over the world. Check out the listings for chefs in Dallas on the Hcareers site and choose your next adventure.
Chefs in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area can expect to make between $23.87 and $27.96/hour depending on the venue and its location. Assisted Living, Continuing Care and Retirement facilities pay closer to $33.27/hour, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Texas ranks in the top five states in the nation for highest employment of chefs.
Chefs, sous chefs, and chefs de partie (line or station chef) are needed in all types of venues. Fine dining and fast casual restaurants, hotels, care facilities, hospitals, resorts, caterers, performing arts centers, sports stadiums, country clubs and amusement parks are all looking for strong candidates.
Recruiters are focused on chefs who can demonstrate specific skills such as:
- Create, prep and deliver a complete menu that pleases your guests
- Understand how to delegate tasks to kitchen staff
- Know all sanitation rules and requirements
- Understand advanced cooking techniques and non-traditional ingredients
- Communicate daily specials to the staff
- Inventory the food stock and order as needed
- Experiment with recipes and suggest new dishes
- Demonstrate strong leadership and time management skills
- Be able to work special events, weekends and holidays as needed
Your career path to the top may look something like this: beginning as chef de partie, moving up to sous chef, senior sous chef, chef and finally executive chef. You will likely need additional training or education, getting a culinary diploma and working under an established chef.
Hcareers is a great place to search for chef positions in Dallas, to find the best fit for you on your culinary journey.