Busser Jobs in San Francisco
San Francisco hosts millions of visitors from all over the world to enjoy the vast variety of food offered in its neighborhoods and upscale restaurants. It’s a foodie’s paradise and all those venues are looking for the most capable and reliable busperson to join their teams. Check out the latest busser jobs in San Francisco to see what opportunities look best for you.
In the Bay Area, bussers earn from $13.25-$15.00/hour depending on the shift and the restaurant. Many venues offer a shared tip system where everyone contributes to a “tip share” fund. You should expect to work weekends and holidays as well as breakfast, lunch and dinner shifts. California tops the list of states in the U.S. for employments of bussers.
Typical employers include all types of dining facilities, not just restaurants. You should also consider amusement parks, private caterers, resorts, assisted living facilities, hotels and convention centers. All those visitors need to eat somewhere….and bus staff will always be in demand.
Experience helps, but isn’t required: many employers are willing to train. The skills required are:
- Prepare dining areas before guests are seated
- Decorate tables with candles, napkins, linens and flowers
- Place all tableware and condiments on the table
- Serve water and welcome snacks, like breadsticks
- Refill beverages as needed
- Remove dirty dishes and utensils, replace as needed
- Clean and reset tables for the next guest
- Maintain health and safety regulations
- Be flexible with shifts and willing to work weekends and holidays
Your career will grow as you decide whether you’re interested in joining the wait staff, the kitchen staff or working behind the bar. If you lean toward becoming a chef, a sommelier or a food & beverage manager, you’ll need additional education and training.
Check the listings on Hcareers for current openings for busperson positions in the San Francisco and surrounding area. Take a look and get started today.