Bartender Jobs in Los Angeles
Bartenders love working in Los Angeles and the surrounding areas of Beverly Hills, Hollywood, Santa Monica and many of the beach communities. It’s a great vibe where people are having fun, celebrating life’s special moments, splurging on vacations and soaking up the sun. Find a great job as a bartender in a restaurant, hotel, or lounge in LA here on the Hcareers jobs website.
Bartenders in the Los Angeles area can expect to earn an average of $12.88/hour plus tips depending on what venue they’re servicing: Lounge bartenders, Restaurant bartenders, Match bartenders; those serving at special events may enjoy a higher wage. Red-carpet premiers, sporting events, special concert venues, amusement parks and hotels are all opportunities to ply your trade to guests.
You’ll see open bartender jobs in Los Angeles at nearly all large, national hotel chains, exclusive private clubs, small hotels, all types of restaurants, sports venues, concert halls and resorts. Private parties abound in the LA area where you’ll work with prominent caterers for weddings, private celebrations and during the holidays.
Successful bartenders increase customer loyalty by building a loyal client base and promoting events and products. Employers are looking for those who:
- Demonstrate expert knowledge about the menu selections
- Provide a bit of entertainment to the guests with “flair moves” during drink prep
- Have a Food Safe Level Certificate
- Have a sense of style and attention to the property and personal image
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Ability to interact with customers and accurately serve snacks and drinks
- Verify customer IDs and confirm legal drinking age
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
- Create innovate drink combinations and exceed customer expectations
As you gain more experience and are looking for new avenues for your career, take a look at what you like about bartending and pursue that. Go to some seminars, do some networking and go to industry events. If wine and fine dining are on your list, consider training to be a sommelier. If you like nightclubs, work on your client list so you can bring in tons of customers. If travel is your thing, take your craft abroad.
Los Angeles is a great place for bartenders of all kinds and there are plenty of openings you can consider on the Hcareers website. Click here and get started today.