Banquet Server Jobs in San Francisco
San Francisco is a popular destination for all kinds of meetings, conventions, weddings and corporate events. There’s always a need for banquet servers and waiters. Hcareers has current openings in the Bay Area for on-call, full time and part-time banquet server jobs in San Francisco.
Waiters and banquet servers on call in the San Francisco/Oakland area make between $11.60 and $16.00/hour, part-time and full time. Waiters will often earn tips of 15%-20% which is added to the bill and distributed to the staff.
Banquet servers and waiters are needed at a variety of venues including large national hotel chains, unique small properties, restaurants, convention centers, sports venues and private clubs. Whether the setting is formal and ultra-luxe or includes large gatherings of casual diners, specialty events are an occasion where banquet staff is needed.
Employers are looking for banquet servers and waiters who can:
- Assist in set up of banquet room including linen, serviceware and glassware
- Learn the details of the function and expectations of the host at initial meetings
- Prep serving stations to ensure guests can be served promptly
- Welcome guests warmly
- Serve food, refill beverages and meet any special requests
- Clean up after the function and store all equipment and supplies
- Be able to operate all needed equipment to serve guests
- Be willing to work holidays, evening and weekends as needed
Working as a banquet server or waiter may require some prior experience, but some employers will train on the job. Many servers stay in the position for about year before being promoted to banquet captain or placed in a management training program. If your interests lie in the kitchen, you may want to get additional training to become a chef.
Take a look at all the job openings for banquet servers and waiters in the San Francisco area on the Hcareers website and get started on your job search, today!