Banquet Server Jobs in Los Angeles
Los Angeles is host to so many visitors in town for fun in the sun, sight-seeing, conferences, weddings and so much more. There is always a need for banquet servers and waiters in all kinds of venues that run the gamut from luxury hotels to convention halls. Hcareers has all the job listings you’ll need to find full time, part time and on-call banquet server positions.
Banquet server jobs in Los Angeles make an average of $16.23/hour, which is 42% above the national average. Waiters often earn tips of 15% – 20% which may be included in the bill and get distributed to the staff or factored into the hourly wage.
Typical employers for waiters or on-call banquet servers include large, national hotel chains, small specialty properties, convention centers, restaurants, sports venues and private institutions. Some venues strive to provide a formal, ultra-luxurious experience while others may cater to large groups of casual diners celebrating a special occasion.
On call banquet servers are required to perform the following to ensure a positive guest experience:
- Set up banquet room including linen, serviceware and glassware
- Attend the roll call meetings to learn the details of the function and expectations of the host
- Perform any prep work to ensure guests can be served promptly
- Greet guests and make them feel welcome
- Serve food, replenish beverages as needed and ensure guest requests are met
- Clean up after the function and store all equipment and supplies
- Be able to operate beverage equipment (coffee) without accommodation
- Be flexible with hours and shifts as needed
Banquet servers/waiters typically stay in this position about one year. Some have prior waiter experience, others are trained on the job on an entry-level. Once you have a track record of experience and success as a banquet server, you may be promoted to banquet captain or placed in a management training program. You might also be transferred to the kitchen if you have an interest in becoming a chef.
Take a look at all the job openings for banquet servers and waiters in the Los Angeles area on the Hcareers website and get started on your job search, today!