Start your exciting hospitality career at the University of Nevada-Las Vegas
University of Nevada-Las Vegas Hospitality Programs
The William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration at UNLV is consistently ranked in the top 5 of the country’s hospitality programs. It offers a varied course of study to prepare you with management and operational skills to enter any area of the industry.
Las Vegas itself is a laboratory for the hospitality program with over 150,000 hotel rooms, hundreds of restaurants, conventions and trade shows, PGA-accredited programs, gaming specialties, food service, resort management, recreation, sports and leisure management.
Students attend UNLV’s Hospitality Program from all over the globe as well as the recently added campus in Singapore which enrolls over 450 Pacific Rim students.
Core Classes: Include an intro to hospitality, human resources, organizational behavior, facilities management, hospitality law and courses in leadership, management. and ethics. Food sanitation, food service operations, cost control, career development, accounting, operations and strategic management round out the course selections.
Electives: You can further pursue your personal interests with 22 elective credits to customize your education and declare a concentration to focus on a specific area of study. Concentration areas include Hospitality Management, Dining and Events Management, and Resort, Gaming, and Golf Management.
Real-World Experience: Our students enjoy a specialized kitchen, restaurant. and gaming lab to hone their management skills in a realistic setting. All students are required to complete a 1,000-hour industry work requirement so they are well-prepared for careers in the industry. In addition to the internship, you’ll complete two senior-level capstone classes that will use all you’ve learned as well as your hands-on work experience.
- Choose your career goals and develop strategies to attain them
- Effectively communicate to different audiences (industry leaders, employers, faculty, peers)
- Learn to manage all human and financial assets ethically
- Become a skilled problem-solver; be able to meet challenges
- Assess & minimize legal risks dealing with common business practices and events
- Effectively analyze financial, marketing and operational results of operations
- Understand key marketing concepts for varied customer segments, branding, revenues
- Demonstrate useful management techniques in all types of hospitality operations
- Develop sustainable practices for all aspects of your hospitality business
Why do Students Attend UNLV’s Harrah Hotel College?
- It’s one of the highest ranked programs in the country
- It’s Las Vegas location is a hospitality hub
- Undergrad, as well as graduate students, have access to leaders in the industry
- The faculty is globally-recognized and engaged in industry research
- Students can continue their career development online or in executive ed programs
- The alumni network is found throughout the world in all facets of the industry
The academic and real-world work approach offered thru UNLV’s Hospitality Program offers employers a very well-rounded candidate who understands the daily operations of multiple positions, can adapt to change and effectively demonstrates an understanding of all aspects of the hospitality industry. With this wide scope of knowledge, students are ready to look at a variety of career options after graduation.