Reevaluating Your Career Path
10 Simple Ways to Get to Know Yourself Better
- Look at your achievements in school or at work
- Identify your favorite hobbies and activities
- Talk with friends and family members
- Consult with a professional counselor
- Keep a journal
- Write a personal mission statement
- Set short-term and long-term goals
- Job shadow and talk to people in a variety of positions
- Sign up for a crash course in an area of interest
- Take career and personality quizzes*
* Note: There is an overwhelming number of free and fee-based personality and career quizzes available. They will not change your life nor will they determine the career path you must take. Think of them as a quick and fun way to confirm what you probably already know about yourself.
Upload your resume and have employers find you!
Related Hospitality Career Articles:
• Your Attitude: 6 Things You Need to Know For Your Job Search
• How NOT To Write Your Resume
• Why Am I Not Getting A Response From Employers?