7 best hospitality companies to work for in 2018
From restaurants and coffee shops to hotel chains and resorts, 7 outstanding hospitality employers landed on Glassdoor's list of 100 best companies to work for in 2018. The rankings only include large companies with more than 1,000 employees and is based on employee ratings on things like overall satisfaction, compensation, work-life balance, and opportunities for advancement. Check out the notable hospitality and travel companies that made the cut:
1. In-N-Out Burger: This beloved food chain franchise is located primarily in California and employs more than 10,000 people. Among being number 4 on the best place to work list, In-N-Out has also ranked well for having the best CEO leadership and being a best place to interview.
2. Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants: Also a regular on Fortune's 100 best places to work list, Kimpton comes in at number 37 on the list this year, also with a high approval rating for its CEO, Mike Defrino. Kimpton, widely acknowledge in the hospitality industry as the pioneer of the "boutique hotel" concept, operates over 60 hotels and 70 restaurants, lounges, and bars across the U.S. and employs nearly 10,000 people.
3. Hilton: Number 41 on the list, Hilton's CEO, Christopher Nassetta, was ranked one of the highest rated CEO's of 2017. An international behemoth in the hotel industry, Hilton owns, operates, or franchises over 4,000 properites around the world, employing more than 300,000 team members.
4. Hyatt: Coming in at number 71, Hyatt represents multiple hotel brands around the world and operate nearly 700 properties in over 50 countries, employing nearly 100,000 people. Hyatt's headquarters are in Chicago, Illinois, Hyatt is no stranger to lists such as this, consistenly landing spots on "best of" lists around the world for several years now.
5. Chick-fil-A: One of the largest and most successful fast food chains, Chick-fil-A ranks number 72 on the best places to work list with a 4.3 (out of 5) company rating. Their CEO also placed on the highest ranked list for the same year, and they also secured a spot on the "best place to interview" list. Chick-fil-A is only one of two fast food chains to appear on the list, behind In-N-Out Burger (at number 4).
6. Starbucks: Coffee magnate Starbucks squeaked into the list at number 96, but it also has a consistent place on the list, appearing as a best place to work in 2014, 2013, and 2012. It also came in as the 39th best place to interview in 2017. Founded in 1971 in Seattle, Washington, Starbucks now has over 26,000 locations around the world and employs nearly 255,000 people. It also topped Forbe's list in 2017 of Top Regarded Companies.
7. Walt Disney Company: While this lsiting obviously includes Disney's media companies, we thought it pertinent to add to our account of the best hospitality employers of 2018 because of their large influence in the hospitality industry through its multiple theme parks, hotels, resorts, and cruise ships.