Corporate Sales Manager
Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre
Full Time Position
SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada's leading hotel management companies and manages over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton, Radisson, Quality, Best Western and Ramada.
We are looking for a Corporate Sales Manager at the Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre
In the role of Corporate Sales Manager, your objective is to achieve financial targets by ensuring efficient and effective selling of the Corporate Sales Market for the Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to and play an integral part of the strategic planning for group sales.
- Identify opportunities for increasing revenue and market share for the assigned markets
- Set and pursue target accounts.
- Monitor and analyze booking pace
- Improve pace for future years by creating and initiating action plans and strategies.
- Ensure yield management practices are followed for both rooms and catering to maximize revenue production.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings.
- Prepare budget assumptions for the annual budget process for assigned markets.
- Know our competition so we can target their markets that we wish to solicit, while maintaining professional relationships to ensure overflow and referrals.
- Ensure detailed and updated client profile sheets are complete. Ensure strong relationships exist with top clients.
- Develop, implement and evaluate short-term tactics and long range marketing/sales plans and programs by focusing on customer needs and expectations.
- Participate in site inspections, client appointments, client entertainment and events, etc., as needed. Identify and maximize opportunities to broaden hotels' market share in Calgary
- Travel will be required; including within North America for training and/or business trips
- Maintain customer and community relations and build loyalty to SilverBirch Hotels through client partnerships and strategic alliances.
- Prepare monthly sales reports which include a sales summary and three-month rolling action plan.
- Accept other duties as requested and assigned by Regional/National offices.
- Performs other duties as required.