Spa Manager, Fitness & Wellness
Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto
Location: CA - ON - Toronto
About Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto®
Opened Jan. 31, 2012, Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto, located in the heart of downtown Toronto at the corner of Bay and Adelaide Streets, is Canada's tallest residential building at 65 stories. Developed by Talon International Development, Inc. President and CEO Val Levitan and Chairman Alex Shnaider, its stone, steel and glass façade serves as a beacon on the Toronto skyline, and is crowned by an articulated spire. Staying true to Trump's reputation for providing the ultimate travel experience, guests enjoy 261 luxurious rooms and suites boasting stunning views of Toronto's skyline. Features include spectacular meeting and event space, STOCK Restaurant and destination lounge, and the 15,000-square-foot, world-class Quartz Crystal Spa. Amenities include 24-hour concierge, 24-hour in-room dining and valet indoor parking as well as Trump Attaché, providing each guest with uncompromising personalized service. For reservations please call (855) 88-TRUMP (87867). For more information, please visit www.TrumpTorontoHotel.com. Connect with Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto on Facebook and Twitter.
About Talon International Development Inc.
Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto is developed by Toronto-based Talon International Development Inc. (Talon). In 2007, Talon began construction of the 65-storey, 900-foot tall landmark in the heart of the downtown Toronto. Talon, a privately held real estate development firm, has retained the award-winning hotel management company Trump Hotel Collection, to create one of the most sought after hotels in Toronto history. Quartz Crystal Spa is managed by Talon Luxury Collection. Trump Hotel Collection manages the hotel which opened in 2012. For more information about the development, visit: trumptoronto.ca.
The Spa Manager will be responsible for the spa, fitness facility and the pool. Responsibilities include ensuring that the spa is operating efficiently and that the pool and fitness areas are organized, clean and well stocked, managing a team of service providers, concierge, pool/spa attendants, personal trainers and instructors and providing and promoting training sessions to our guests.
- Ensure that the spa is operating efficiently and effectively
- Coach, mentor, and lead spa team to deliver an exceptional guest experience
- Monitor facilities - spa change rooms, pool and fitness centre - for cleanliness
- Assist guests with gym equipment usage
- Ensure gym equipment is functioning properly
- Supervise team of service providers, concierge, pool/spa attendants, personal trainers, yoga instructors, etc
- Sell training spa services, sessions/yoga classes to guests/residences
- Schedule such training sessions accordingly, ensuring trainers/instructors are available
- Closely monitor/test pool and whirlpool salt/chemical levels as well as temperature according to Ontario bi-laws
- Monitor and assist in laundry levels (robes, towels, change room amenities, etc)
- Support the Spa operations as required
- Excellent verbal and written skills. Proficiency in other languages would be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate others
- Exceptional customer service
- Ability to work flexible hours including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to follow all safety policies and procedures within work area
- Self motivated and show strong initiative; able to effectively delegate
- Strong team player
- Ability to lift 25 lbs on a frequent basis to perform essential job functions
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time to continuously perform essential job functions
Education & Experience
- Previous supervisory experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing a spa
- Previous spa leadership experience
- Experience training clients one on one and Certified Personal Trainer certificate is desirable
- Current First Aid, CPR certifications
- Must have a solid understanding of five star service