In-Room Dining Attendant
Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto
Location: CA - ON - Toronto
About Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto®
Opened Jan. 31, 2012, Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto®, located in the heart of downtown Toronto at the corner of Bay and Adelaide Streets, is Canada’s tallest residential building at 65 stories. Developed by Talon International Development, Inc. President and CEO Val Levitan and Chairman Alex Shnaider, its stone, steel and glass façade serves as a beacon on the Toronto skyline, and is crowned by an articulated spire. Staying true to Trump’s reputation for providing the ultimate travel experience, guests enjoy 261 luxurious rooms and suites boasting stunning views of Toronto’s skyline. Features include spectacular meeting and event space, STOCK™ Restaurant and destination lounge, and the 15,000-square-foot, world-class Quartz Crystal Spa™. Amenities include 24-hour concierge, 24-hour in-room dining and valet indoor parking as well as Trump Attaché™, providing each guest with uncompromising personalized service. For reservations please call (855) 88-TRUMP (87867). For more information, please visit www.TrumpTorontoHotel.com. Connect with Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto® on Facebook and Twitter.
About Talon International Development Inc.
Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto® is developed by Toronto-based Talon International Development Inc. (Talon). In 2007, Talon began construction of the 65-storey, 900-foot tall landmark in the heart of the downtown Toronto. Talon, a privately held real estate development firm, has retained the award-winning hotel management company Trump® Hotel Collection, to create one of the most sought after hotels in Toronto history. Quartz Crystal Spa™ is managed by Talon Luxury Collection. Trump® Hotel Collection manages the hotel which opened in 2012. For more information about the development, visit: trumptoronto.ca.
The In-Room Dining (IRD) Attendant is responsible for coordinating all Room Service activities, answering phones, in a prompt and efficient manner. Responsible for cash handling duties as well as helping all staff with their tasks in order to achieve department objectives. Reviews orders for proper presentation and completeness prior to delivery.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Greet guest in a friendly and courteous manner during all interactions.
* Handle all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism.
* Abide by the policies and procedures as set out in the Associate Handbook and any other applicable policies.
* Must adhere to the appearance and grooming policy.
* Perform other duties/tasks and projects as assigned.
* Ensures that all orders are taken correctly and delivered in a prompt manner to rooms.
* Coordinates all activity around the work area to ensure that all assigned duties are being accomplished.
* Maintain work environment according to health code and other regulatory standards.
* Coordinates the delivery schedules of amenities, and food and beverage orders to best accommodate the guests.
* Facilitates the immediate accommodations of guest requests.
* Follows all applicable safety precautions applicable to food service areas.
* Treats guest with courtesy and respect.
* Ensures that all items are presented in accordance with department guidelines.
* Closes guest checks upon delivery.
* Complete service preparation functions as required.
* Obtain food and beverage orders from any of the hotel outlets as requested by the guest.
* Know the location off all rooms, suites and meeting rooms, as well as the best route for deliveries.
* Provide information on all outlet menus and their hours of operation.
* Be familiar with up coming events and related hospitality functions, bars and deliveries.
* Works at a fast pace in a diverse environment.
* Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
* Understand room service standards.
* Assist with special events as needed.
* Fluency in English both written and verbal. Proficiency in other languages would be an asset.
* Ability to work flexible hours including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays, including overtime as required.
* Ability to follow all safety policies and procedures within work area and respond properly to any hotel emergency or safety situation.
* Ability to work well under pressure.
* Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and management.
* Excellent interpersonal, customer service, communication and problem solving skills are required.
* Demonstrated ability in maintaining consistent, high quality guest service levels.
* Ability to calmly handle employee and guest situations.
* Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time to continuously perform essential job functions.
* Ability to push IRD carts and carry trays weighing up to 15lbs.
Education & Experience:
* Minimum of one year Food & Beverage experience is required.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must have all required work up to date work cards.
* Must have a good understanding of how the job responsibilities relate to other area of the Hotel and specific areas of the Food and Beverage operation, such as food preparation, back of the house service, and food/cost control.
* Ability to familiarize with wine and spirits service.
* Must possess a valid Alcohol Awareness Card. (Smart Serve)