Tofino is a small town brimming full of adventure. Popular activities around town include: fishing, kayaking, hiking, biking, wildlife viewing, golfing, art appreciation and so much more. Musicians and artisans thrive in Tofino with it's numerous galleries, festivals, and culturally-inspired events. Annually, you can partake in the Pacific Rim Whale Festival, The Tofino Food & Wine Festival, The Shorebird Festival, the Clayoquot Oyster Festival, and the list goes on. There's always something to do here, and always interesting new friends to try it with. Tofino is a town of earth-lovers. We bike and walk when we can, and pick up trash if we see it. We strive to include this earth-loving strategy in all departments of the Inn, and work towards not only promoting the unique climate around us, but to preserve and protect it as well.
There is a place where your co-workers are warm and friendly, the guests you greet are interesting and unique, and your work place is surrounded by pristine rainforest, idyllic beaches, and the rush of the Pacific Ocean. After a fulfilling day you hop on your bike, and head home along a well-used bike trail, where you pass families, couples, tourists and locals all out enjoying the adventure of the rugged west coast. When you get home you pull on your wetsuit, grab your board and hit the waves on one of Tofino's numerous surf hot spots. Not into surfing? You'll want to try it once you've seen these unique athletes attempt to tame the wild pacific. This is our daily life at the Wickaninnish Inn, in Tofino, British Columbia.
We strive to provide our employees with work / life balance, ensuring they have ample time to relax away from work and take advantage of the unique destination where we live. We encourage internal promotion, providing our employees with the opportunity to grow and develop, both as an individual, and in their career. Our employees are the type of people who go that extra mile for not only their guests, but their co-workers and neighbours as well. We employ team-oriented people, who don't hesitate to take on an extra task. Our employees make the Inn their own, and offer customer service at the highest level possible, as though you were welcoming a beloved relative into your own home. We offer introductory staff accommodation, competitive wages, and a comprehensive extended health care plan, including dental & eye care.
The Wickaninnish Inn is currently accepting applications for the full-time position of Chef Concierge. This position requires a 2 year commitment.
Duties to include:
- Responsible for day-to-day guest requests regarding travel arrangements to and from Tofino, recreation trips, recommendations of local activities/dining options, and the like,
- Responsible for establishing new and maintaining existing relationships with local suppliers (fishing, whale watching, restaurants, guides, kayaking, etc…) and out of town networks,
- Providing assistance to guests with special and unique requests of all kinds, both here in Tofino and elsewhere,
- Providing regular updates to the Valet and Guest Service Teams as changes occur to the hospitality service providers in and around our region,
- Provide leadership and support to the Valet and Guest Service Teams when necessary.
- Current status as single or double key member with Les Clefs d’Or; may consider applicants who are currently working towards this status,
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License as well as valid Class 4 Driver’s License or ability to obtain one within first 3 months of employment,
- Ability to transfer luggage from vehicle trunks to bell carts, ranging up to 40lbs,
- Ability to drive both standard/manual and automatic vehicles,
- Must have prior experience in a Guest Service/Concierge role,
Exemplary customer service skills and a demonstrated willingness to exceed guest expectations,
- Excellent communication skills, organization skills, and must have keen eye for detail,
- Familiarity with services and activities offered in Tofino, Ucluelet and Vancouver Island,
- Working knowledge of Property Management Systems, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, Contact Database Software, File Maker Pro, or Pro Salon is an asset,
Must enjoy shift work and be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays,
A desire to contribute exciting and innovative ideas towards the ongoing improvement of the Front Office Department and the Wickaninnish Inn as a whole,
Ability to make 2 year commitment to this role.